In this class we’ll break down the key characteristics and flavor profiles associated with each major Scotch whisky production region in Scotland. From the Highlands to Islay to Speyside and beyond, we’ll explore the terrain and traditions that surround these Scottish spirits.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome beverage.
- Six tasting pours of Scotch whisky.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A time—with an Astor Center instructor.
- The different regions of Scotch whisky production in Scotland.
- The flavor profiles and characteristics associated with different Scotch regions.
- The unique cultural and geographical influences within each Scotch region.
- How to taste and describe different styles of Scotch whisky.
Beginner – Beyond Basics
Spirits Enthusiast, Spirits Curious, Whisky Lover, Fun with Friends
Bread & Cheese