Dig deeper into the rich wine region that is Piedmont. In this higher-level class, we'll taste through premium wines from some of Northern Italy's most prized vineyards. This class is great for the Piedmont enthusiast, or for anyone who has taken any of our North Italian wine classes before.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- Seven pours of Piedmont wines, the majority from the Barolo and Barbaresco regions.
- A chance to sample higher-tier aged Piedmont wines.
- A small tasting plate of cheese and charcuterie for mix-and-match pairings.
- Palate-cleansing bread.
- Two hours of instruction, including Q&A time, a from a certified sommelier Astor Center instructor.
- A greater understanding of the Piedmont region and its wines.
- Traditional and modernist practices in Italian wines.
- How vintage and age can effect a wine.
- How to find value and worthwhile investment in Piedmont wines found on a retail shelf or wine list.
- How to best pair Barolo and Barbaresco wines with food.