Taste your way through Spain alongside some of the country's best cheese and cured meat selections. We’ll cover the basics of this old world wine region while exploring classic expressions of Spanish wine, not to mention a few from up-and-coming areas.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome wine.
- Six tasting pours of Spanish wine.
- A small tasting plate with six pairings of Spanish meats and cheeses.
- Two hours of education—including a Q&A session—with an Astor Center instructor.
- The main wine-producing regions of Spain.
- A review of Spain’s famous and lesser-known wine styles.
- Major grapes, production styles, and wine classifications of Spain.
- The flavors and production methods behind some of Spain’s delicious cured meats and cheeses.
- The basic principles of wine and food pairing.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Food Pairing Education, Fun with Friends
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Great instructor. Her choices of cheese pairings with the wines were excellent and her overall style was inviting. Her knowledge and passion of the wines and cheeses came through. Very enjoyable class.”