Do you still think of Mezcal as the worm-infused cousin of Tequila? Did you know that tequila is actually a type of mezcal? Come discover the history, production methods and flavor profiles of tequila and mezcal as we enjoy a comparative tasting of these stimulating spirits. We’ll keep the sibling rivalry light, as we sip both spirits side-by-side, and try our hand at some agave trivia (complete with prizes from Oaxaca!).
An exponentially growing interest in mezcal makes it the perfect time to explore the differences and similarities of tequila and mezcal. As trendsetting cocktail bars continue to adopt mezcal as the new darling spirit, understanding the differences in flavor between these two agave-based spirits will prove invaluable for informed imbibers.
Guests will receive:
- Establish an understanding of tequila and mezcal production
- Familiarize attendees with the geographical production areas specific to both spirits
- Explore through tasting, the flavor profiles of each spirit
- Learn the differences and similarities of tequila and mezcal
- One welcome beverage
- Six tasting pours of agave spirits (tequila and mezcal)
- Palate cleansing bread and cheese
- Two hours of education, including time for Q&A with an Astor Center instructor
- Access to our state-of-the-art tasting facility