Take the guesswork out of cheese plate-pairing. Join us as we explore a variety of beverages including wine, spirits, and cider with the cheeses that bring out their best. We'll discuss cheese basics in an effort to understand better the diversity of styles and flavors, and pair them with traditional and unexpected beverage pairings, demystifying the process of pairing along the way.
Beverages and food go hand-in-hand, but it can often be difficult to predict what will work and what won’t. By breaking down the various elements of beverages and cheese, we'll create a framework for understand pairings and feeling confident about putting together your own.
Guests Will Receive:
- Learn basic tasting methods for both cheeses and beverages.
- Explore the major categories of cheeses and beverages.
- Identify characteristics in both cheeses and beverages to look for when pairing.
- Taste and discuss pairings that work and pairings that fail.
- Create general guidelines for successful pairings.
- One welcome beverage.
- Six tasting pours of selected wines, ciders, and spirits.
- A tasting plate with six cheese pairings.
- Palate-cleansing bread.
- Two hours of education, including time for Q&A with an Astor Center instructor.
- Access to our state-of-the-art tasting facility.
- Welcome Wine (Delacroix)
- High Acid White (Sancerre, Sommet Doré 2012) + Goat Cheese
- Cider (Cidre de Normandie, Le Père Jules) + Epoisses
- High Acid Red (Morgon “Cuvée Les Roches," Chatelard 2012) + Ossrau Iraty
- Sherry (Bodegas Grant, Amontillado "La Garrocha" Sherry) + Zimbro
- Dessert Wine (Essensia, Quady 2011) + Chashel Blue