In this class, Astor Wines & Spirits President Andy Fisher shines a spotlight on some of Italy’s most iconic wine regions. You’ll taste through a flight of extraordinary Italian selections while exploring the grapes, growers, and winemaking techniques behind each wine.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome glass of wine.
- Six tasting pours of Italian wines.
- A small tasting plate of six food pairings for your wine.
- Two hours of instruction—including a Q&A session—with Andy Fisher.
- The differences between the wines of Italy’s major wine regions.
- The concept of “terroir” and how it affects the wine.
- Insight into small-production artisanal Italian wines.
- How food pairings can enhance the flavor profiles in Italian wines.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Italian Wine Lover
Small Tasting Plate
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Andy was a great instructor and the pairings he chose worked wonderfully with the wines presented.”