Join us as we bring together two of the wine world’s heavy hitters: France and Italy. Taste your way through both countries as we explore rivaling grapes, styles, and histories. You’ll have the opportunity to go through each category, with side-by-side comparisons of what these European mainstays have to offer. From the fizz of Champagne to the earthy reds of Alba, you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how French and Italian wines stand up to each other.
Guests Will Receive:
- Familiarize attendees with the background of French and Italian wine traditions.
- Gain a solid understanding of how French and Italian wines compare to one another.
- Explore the differences and similarities of wines through side-by-side tastings.
- Tasting pours of eight wines that each demonstrate traditional French and Italian winemaking.
- Two hours of education and Q&A lead by expert sommelier, Kimberly Severson.
- A light palate-cleanser.
- Access to Astor Center’s state-of-the-art tasting facility.