In this installment of the Whisky Smackdown series, you’ll explore the worlds of American bourbon and Scotch whisky. See which country reigns supreme on your palate.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- Two welcome cocktails.
- Three tasting pours of American bourbon.
- Three tasting pours of Scotch whisky.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction with an Astor Center instructor, including Q&A time.
- The distinct flavor profiles of American bourbon and Scotch whisky.
- Distillation methods and aging techniques of American bourbon and Scotch whisky.
- How to taste and describe whisky.
- How to navigate whisky selections with confidence.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Spirits Enthusiasts, Spirits Curious, Fun with Friends
Bread & Cheese
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Robin Robinson's Whisky Smackdown was an enjoyable, relaxed, and informative experience that offered a chance to learn about distilling techniques and taste brands I would likely never have encountered, nevermind sampled. Several have since become favorites.”