Discover the history, production methods, and flavor profiles of tequila and mezcal as we enjoy a comparative tasting of these stimulating spirits. We’ll keep the sibling rivalry light, as we sip both spirits side-by-side, and try our hand at some agave trivia (complete with prizes from Oaxaca!)
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome cocktail.
- Three tasting pours of tequila.
- Three tasting pours of mezcal.
- Tortilla chips & cheese.
- Palate-cleansing orange slices.
- Two hours of education-including a Q&A session-with an Astor Center instructor.
- The differences between tequila and mezcal production.
- The geographical production areas specific to both spirits.
- The distinct flavor profiles of tequila and mezcal.
- Insight into the culture that surrounds agave spirits and the people who make them.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Spirits Enthusiast, Spirits Curious, Date Night, Fun with Friends
Tortilla Chips & Cheese
What people are saying about this class:
“Had a really enjoyable evening. Tess did a fantastic job. Learned a lot.”