Collect pearls of wisdom in this enlightening oyster pairing workshop. From flavor profiles to harvesting methods, this class covers all you need to know about East Coast and West Coast oysters. You’ll also taste through some delicious wines that compliment these briny beauties before getting down to business and shucking your own oysters.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- Six different varieties of oysters for tasting.
- At least six oysters for hands-on shucking.
- Four tasting pours of wines to pair with your oysters.
- Two hours of education—including a Q&A session—with two Astor Center instructors.
- What aspects of wine to consider when pairing with oysters.
- How terroir and harvesting methods affect oysters.
- The difference between East Coast and West Coast oysters.
- How to shuck your own oysters.
- Classic and daring wine choices for oyster pairings.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Wine Curious, Wine Enthusiast, Food Pairing Education, Date Night
What people are saying about this class:
“Loved the class! The instructor was awesome and I left having learned exactly what I had hoped to learn.”