Join us for this special cocktail class as we discover what’s in a name when it comes to a drink list—whether it be a fizz, rickey, daisy or flip. We’ll discuss different cocktail styles throughout history, while learning about the ratios of drinks, balances of flavor, and how cocktail recipes relate to one another.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome cocktail.
- Three hands-on cocktail making opportunities.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A—with an Astor Center instructor.
- The characteristics and flavors that go with different styles of cocktails.
- How to experiment with base spirits and modifiers to transform one cocktail into another.
- The historical context of an array of cocktails and how they are being reinvented today.
- Cocktail making techniques that will build up your confidence in your home bar abilities.
Intro - Beyond Basics
Cocktail Enthusiast, Cocktail Curious, Date Night, Fun with Friends
Bread and Cheese