Take a culinary journey up north as we explore the seasonal food and eating culture of Nordic countries. We'll deliver a five-course meal inspired by Scandinavian chefs and classic Scandinavian recipes alongside a tasty lineup of beverage pairings.
Menu will include*:
*Menu items are subject to change due to availability. Please contact us at least two weeks before the event with any dietary restrictions.
What you can expect:
- Raw salmon with greens on rye.
- Spinach tartlets with béchamel sauce.
- Beer-steamed mussels.
- Herb-stuffed pork tenderloin.
- Rhubarb cake.
What you will learn:
- A five-course Nordic-themed dinner led by an Astor Center instructor.
- Five beverage pairings, one for each dish.
- A discussion of Nordic food, beverages, and culture.
- The importance of seasonality in Nordic cooking.
- The fishing and foraging traditions of Finland, Iceland, Norway, and more.
- Complimentary wine & spirit pairings for Nordic cuisine.
- A brief overview of Viking influences and mead production.
- Tips on how to create Scandinavian dishes and ingredients in your own kitchen.