Immerse yourself in the thrilling wines of Southern Italy. You’ll experience this region’s vinous offerings alongside a range of cheeses and cured meats from all over Italy while exploring where these wines fit into the basic principles of wine & food pairing.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome wine and pairing.
- Six tasting pours of wines from Southern Italy.
- A tasting plate of six pairings of Italian cheese and charcuterie.
- Palate-cleansing bread.
- Two hours of education—including a Q&A session—with an Astor Center instructor.
- The distinct regions, characteristics, and traditions of Southern Italy’s wines.
- The primary grapes used in the winemaking of Southern Italy.
- A look into some of Southern Italy’s famous and lesser-known wine styles.
- What aspects of wine to consider when pairing with cheese and charcuterie.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Food Pairing Education, Italian Wine Lover, Date Night
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Great instructor. Her choices of cheese pairings and wines were excellent and her overall style was inviting. Her knowledge and passion of the wines and cheeses came through. Very enjoyable class.”