In this workshop we give you the tools to navigate food and wine pairings with success. We’ll taste through wines and dishes that help highlight what works well together, as well how to avoid mismatches. You’ll learn just how easy it is to make your own perfect pairings, be it at home or when dining out.
Menu will include*:
*Menu items are subject to change due to availability. Please contact us at least one week before the event with any dietary restrictions.
- Sea bass with chimichurri
- Warm Chinese sausage and cucumber salad
- Scallop and leek beurre blanc
- Roast chicken thigh with mushrooms and bacon
- Pasta bolognese
- Beef short rib braised with sweet onions and prunes
What you can expect:
- One welcome wine.
- A six-course dinner led by an Astor Center instructor.
- Six wines used for pairing throughout the dinner.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A time—with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The fundamentals of food & wine pairing principles.
- How to evaluate a wines acidity, tannin, sweetness, and mouthfeel.
- A refresher on how to smell and taste wine.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Food Served: Six-Course Meal
Style: Seated Dinner
Good for: Date Night, Fun with Friends, Wine Curious, Wine Enthusiasts, Food Pairing Education
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
Loved the class! The instructor was awesome and I left having learned exactly what I had hoped to learn!”