Join Andy Fisher—president of Astor Wines & Spirits and Astor Center—on a tasting tour of Spain’s most important wine regions. From Rias Baixas to Rioja, Priorat, and beyond, this class will focus on the very best of this premier wine destination. Come taste how modern Spanish winemakers have evolved over time and found new ways of converting classic expressions into the sublime.
What you can expect:
What you will learn:
- One welcome wine.
- At least six pours of Spanish wine.
- A tasting plate of six Spanish-inspired pairings.
- Palate-cleansing bread.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A time—with an Astor Center instructor.
- Various wine styles from all over Spain.
- Insight into the winemakers and vineyards behind each wine.
- A closer look at some of the best winemaking regions of Spain.
- Wine characteristics that express Spanish terroir.
- Artisanal practices and interpretations in Spanish wine.
Beginner - Beyond Basics
Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Spanish Wine Lover, Food Pairing Education
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Mr. Fisher was friendly, informed, passionate and took appropriate and interesting risks in order to try to introduce the class to the experience of wines in Spain. It was not simply a wine tasting and I appreciate that.”